Register today to celebrate World Marriage Day on Sunday, February 11, 2018 at The San Marino Club in Troy, Michigan!
Event Speakers & Guests
Nick and Jen have been married 16 years and are the proud parents of 3 children ages 11, 7, and <1. Nick is the Executive Producer and News Director of “Kresta in the Afternoon” at Ave Maria Radio and Jen is a teacher at Spiritus Sanctus Academy. Their story involves infertility, brain cancer, adoptions, miraculous twists and turns with the tumor and surgeries, foster care, etc. They will share “how God works for good with those who love him.”
Fr. Patrick Gonyeau was ordained in 2013 and is currently serving as Associate Pastor of the Blessed Sacrament Cathedral in Detroit. Fr. Patrick talks openly about the powerful conversion that God worked in his life. A major passion in his life is sharing the light of God’s love with those who feel they are in the midst of struggle and darkness.
Emceed by Deacon Dominick Pastore & Teresa Tomeo with music by Rennie Kaufmann and his daughter Esther Kaufmann!
World Marriage Day is hosted by different marriage ministries in this area:
- Worldwide Marriage Encounter: www.wwme-detroit.org
- Tel: (888) 322-9963
- Retrouvaille: www.helpourmarriage.com
- English: (800) 470-2230
- Español: (800) 966-7981
- BLD Detroit Charismatic Covenant Community: www.BLDDetroitMI.org
- Tel: (248) 526-9813
- Teams of Our Lady: www.teamsofourlady.org
- Tel: (586) 419-0240
Since the deadline for the discounted rate of $60 per couple is fast approaching, here are the 10 top reasons to attend World Marriage Day:
10. Romantic Date – It’s just for the two of you! And reasonable too!
9. Great fellowship – Meeting old and new friends.
8. Delicious food – 5-course dinner, served to your table.
7. Music & dancing – Live music performed by Rennie Kaufmann and his lovely daughter Esther.
6. Valentine’s Day gift – It’s sure to be a winner – a gift you give to each
5. Fun & Laughter – Couples attending are joy-filled and you’re sure to
have fun at your table sharing funny stories about life.
4. Marriage enrichment – It’s like a mini-marriage retreat. Great tips for
growing closer in your marriage. You will be uplifted!
3. Dynamic speakers – We have a great line-up of speakers Nick & Jen
Thomm will talk about their Circle of Love and the joy they experienced
in Sickness and in Health, and Fr. Patrick will give us a short
enlightening presentation and Marriage blessing.
2. Pope St. John Paul 11 in 1993, gave World Marriage Day his Apostolic
1. Celebrate marriage. Marriage is a gift from God and He never gives a
gift unless He gives the grace to see it through.